Today many edm artists and producers use digital vst synthesizers, which is fine.
But what are the advantages to using a digital vst synth? and what are the cons?
Check out the types of synthesizers post for more information, but to put it simply both use electricity and alter modify it, but it’s the way they alter the electricity. Analog uses variable voltage level signals and digital uses direct signal processing (DSP). So we will explore in this article the main difference, along with advantages and disadvantages of both.
Advantages of Digital Synths
- Digital synths are cheaper.
- More easy to keep in tune by changing presets.
- Sounds and presets can be replicated exactly every time.
Disadvantages of Digital Synths
- Can sound too electronic or computerized.
Advantages Of Analog Synths
- Many producers prefer analog, it tend’s to sound more warm.
- Can sound more natural .
- Unlimited combination of sounds.
- More hands on with knobs and your fingers, and less clinking with a keyboard and mouse.
Disadvantages Of Analog Synths
- Analog synths can be very expensive
- Presets are harder to program and save
- Can get out of tune
- Can require a high level of technical skills to operate and record the sounds into the DAW.